General Info

Wildmex surf shop has two locations: The Wildmex surf shop in Sayulita is located at 150-G Pelicanos Street, just a few steps from Sayulita Beach. Wildmex surf shop in Punta Mita is just in front of Playa La Lancha, located at KM.15 of the federal highway from La Cruz de Huanacaxtle to Punta Mita.
To get the best of the day and catch the best waves, our two surf schools are open 365 days a year from 7:30 am to 7:00 pm every day of the week, including holidays.
If you are in Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Bucerías or near to these areas, you can take the following options: Taxi, Uber or local bus. It's really easy to find the surf shop, as we are located right next to the only PEMEX Gas Station and OXXO store on the Estate Highway Punta Mita - La Cruz de Huanacaxtle (right on KM. 15).

Equipment and Rentals

Our equipment is available for rent hourly, daily (within business hours, 7:30am - 7:00pm), overnight (24-hours), weekly or monthly. These prices also vary depending on the type of equipment you are interested in renting. Please check our rentals page or contact us with your exact travel dates so we can provide you with the most economic rental price!
WildMex offers optional (highly recommended) insurance when renting a surf, SUP, boogie board or bike. It is an additional $2 USD or $40 MXN per board for the full day (within office hours, 7:30am - 7:00pm). This insurance does not cover loss or theft. Please let us know at the time of your rental if you would like this option.
We offer board delivery services to the majority of hotels/resorts/accommodations in the Sayulita and Punta Mita areas. Please let us know where you're staying and we will give you a price quote! Please be aware that for board deliveries, guests must be present to receive the equipment and sign our rental sheet, as we cannot leave the equipment with the hotel front desk or concierge.
The WildMex facilities include a total of 300+ quality surfboards for rent. There is a live link available on our website for you to check out which boards are available. All boards can be reserved in advance if you find one that's right for you.
If you rent from us and if you're in need of soft racks or straps to carry the boards on your rental vehicle, we can provide them at no extra cost.

Surf Lessons

In order to ensure quality service and safety at all times during our surf lessons, we provide one instructor for every four surfers (adults), or one instructor for every two kids (ages 5-10). If you feel more comfortable having a 1-on-1 experience, we can also provide individual lessons. We can also provide an instructor for your private group, depending on the size and ability levels of your group.
WildMex can provide surf lessons to guests aged 5 years and above. For lessons for kids, we require agreement from a parent or legal guardian, as well as confirmation that the kid feels safe in the water and knows how to swim.
"WildMex offers surf lessons from our surf shop Punta Mita three times per day, at 8:30 AM, 11:30 AM or 2:30 PM during high-season (October - April) and at 9:30 AM, 12:30 PM and 3:30 PM during low-season (May - September). All surf lessons in Sayulita are offered during low tide, as the waves and conditions are better and safer for our guests and instructors. When booking, please let us know which location you would like to surf in, as well as your surf experience, so we can assist you with finding the best time! Important note: We cannot control or change the conditions of the waves."

Shuttle

WildMex offers one-way or roundtrip shuttle services from our Sayulita HQ daily, departing at 8 AM, 11AM and 2 PM during high-season (October - April) and 9 AM, 12 noon and 3 PM during low-season (May - September). These shuttles must be reserved in advance to ensure there is availability.
Cancellations made within 24 hours of your service will result in a 30% cancellation fee. The remaining 70% can either be given as a refund or applied as a credit towards another shuttle service, activity or retail item. Cancellations made more than 24 hours in advance will receive a full refund.
All shuttle services must be reserved in advance to make sure there is availability at the time you want to be transported. One day in advance is enough time for us to make the appropriate arrangements. If we do not already have a shuttle scheduled, we can arrange one with two or more guests.
Our shuttles depart directly from the Wildmex Sayulita HQ and arrive at our Punta Mita surf shop, located right in front of La Lancha Beach. Please be aware that there are no detours or other shuttle routes available. If you need to get to another beach or location, let us know and we will be happy to help you to work out the best way to get there.

Cancellation policies

If the activity was paid via PayPal, the refund will be reflected directly in your account (minus the 3.5% credit card fee). If the payment was made via our website or over the phone, the refund will be processed and given to you in cash (USD or MXN pesos) if you are still in town, or to the same credit or debit card used if you are not in town.
Cancellations made within 24 hours of your activity will result in a 30% cancellation fee. The remaining 70% can either be given as a refund or applied as a credit towards another shuttle service, activity or retail item. Cancellations made more than 24 hours in advance will receive a full refund. Important note: Cancellations made during the Christmas and New Year season will not receive a refund.

Booking

If you are interested in any of our surf or outdoor adventures you can easily book from anywhere you are via your smartphone, PC or Mac. On each page we have added a button with the caption "BOOK NOW." When you click on it you will receive instructions to make your reservation online.
For your convenience, we have several different payment methods available both online or in our surf shops. You can make your payment with Credit Card, Paypal or cash, and we accept Visa, MasterCard and AMEX.

Sayulita Water Condition

Unfortunately, Sayulita’s surf breaks suffer from poor water quality, meaning local surfers risk becoming ill. To enable our guests to surf in the area without risking ‘Sayulita sickness,’ Wildmex offers surf shuttle services to our offices in Punta Mita, near La Lancha beach. UPDATE: https://wildmex.com/water-quality-in-sayulita-vs-punta-mita/

Schedule

To get the best of the day and catch the best waves, our two surf schools are open 365 days a year from 7:30 am to 7:00 pm every day of the week, including holidays.
You can rent surfboards from Wildmex by the hour, day (7:30am - 7:00pm), Overnight (24 hours), or for the whole week or month. Upon arrival, anyone at the front desk can show you the boards available and explain the different prices.
"The Bay of Banderas or Riviera Nayarit has quickly become one of the best surf destinations because of its ability to pick up on south swells, west swells and north swells. What this means is that swells that originate in Alaska in the winter months (November-April) come down and hit most of our north facing beaches. In the Summer months (May-October), swells that originate in New Zealand and the southern hemisphere come up and hit beaches in the area that face south. The winter months are usually more consistent for waves and we do get some amazing swells, but during the summer months you could go a week with no waves and then get an amazing 5 day swell. At each of the Punta Mita surf breaks, you will always have consistent ankle-breaker fun longboard waves."
Each surf break and beach in Punta Mita and Sayulita works on different tides, swells and conditions. WildMex uses and recommends Magic Seaweed to check the local forecasts daily. We also have maps of the surf breaks in Nayarit available at both offices that have detailed explanations of each break and the best times to surf them.

Location

We have the following telephone numbers in Mexico: Office +52 (329) 291 3726. After Office Hours Mobile +52 (322) 100 7070. If you are in the United States or Canada, you can call us at +1 (877) 904 3974. If you prefer to write to us, you can send us an email at info@wildmex.com. If you want an immediate response, please feel free to use the chat box at the bottom right of our website during office hours.
If you are in Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Bucerías or near to these areas, you can take the following options: WildMex Sayulita is approximately 28 miles north of Puerto Vallarta, 40 minutes to 1 hour away by car, depending on traffic. Regular local buses run from Puerto Vallarta airport to Sayulita, as well as taxis. WildMex can help arrange your transport, so if you need anything just let us know.
WildMex offers one-way or roundtrip surf shuttles from our Sayulita HQ daily, departing at 8 AM, 11AM and 2 PM during high-season (October - April) and 9 AM, 12 noon and 3 PM during low-season (May - September). These shuttles must be reserved in advance to make sure there is availability.
There is a surf/souvenir shop adjacent to the WildMex Surf School in Punta Mita with quality clothing for men and women available to purchase from brands including Quiksilver, Roxy and Rosemary.
Right next door to our Punta Mita Office in La Lancha, there's a restaurant called Makai which offers a wide variety of healthy and delicious food and drinks, just what you need to renew your strength after a good surf session!